Jae Lee has Liefeld'itis

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

Perry
Special Reviewer

Jae Lee has Liefeld'itis

Post by Perry »

Everyone use to give Rob Liefeld crap for not drawing feet. Understandable, don't get me wrong. But why is it, other than the fact he is a much better artist :wink: , that Jae Lee never gets the same pile loaded on him?

I never noticed it until recently, so perhaps that is why, but Lee is not one to draw feet either. I just did a fast search for Jae Lee's art ... take a look see. Browse through the pics and tell me how many "hidden feet" you can find.

Click HERE and cycle through

Freaked me out. :D
abysslord
Master Reviewer

Re: Jae Lee has Liefeld'itis

Post by abysslord »

I think the difference is when Lee has to draw feet they looked normal, whereas Liefeld had serious problems....not to mention the other problems.

But I've seen plenty of artists have bad hands/fingers/feet/toes. If they're small I guess they don't have much room to do them right, but I remember seeing some that were horrible, made the character look deformed.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

Wow, that's crazy. Never noticed.
Gilgabob
Special Reviewer

Post by Gilgabob »

Jae tends to do a lot of his subjects "straight on" or in profile as well. I've accepted his style and he has become one of my favorite artists.