Previews Spotlight #063 (Jan->Mar): Jan 11th, 5pm pacific

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Previews Spotlight #063 (Jan->Mar): Jan 11th, 5pm pacific

Post by BobBretall »

Previews should be coming out on Weds Jan 2nd, which means the Previews call will be on Friday Jan 11th at 5pm Pacific / 6pm Mountain / 7pm Central / 8pm Eastern.

Submissions for the Previews Spotlight #063 show should be in by Saturday Jan 12th.

As always, get on Skype around the start time (or join any time after, the call can run 4 hours of rousing comics chat) and look for BobBretall or theJohnMayo & message to get joined into the call.

Of course you can start sending in submissions as soon as you have them done. Sending them in early is appreciated as it give us more time to organize the clips and plan out the episode.

Discuss any of the new comics AND call dibs on reviewing any particular comic on this thread.

Remember: We encourage anyone to send in a short audio clip where they can talk about any book that's coming out in the upcoming Previews that they are really excited about. The email address to send the clips to is TheGuys@ComicBookPage.com. (Some people were only send them to either just John or just Bob and we both need to get them to prepare to recording the episode. By using TheGuys email address, the email goes to both Bob and John.)

PLEASE: Each featured item should be in a separate audio file.

If possible, please follow the naming convention of:
p###-[M###-]ItemName-YourName.mp3

p###-: the page number in Previews (ex: an item on page 80 would start with p080-
M###-: If the item is in the Marvel Previews, use the first even page number in Previews for Marvel with the page number in the Marvel Previews.
If the item is not in the Marvel Previews, skip the M###- part of the file naming convention.
ItemName: This is the name of the item, all we need is enough to determine which item on the page it is.
YourName: All we need here is enough to properly credit you before we play the clip in the episode.
Please do not include spaces in the filename. Not all of the tools we use to prep the clips for the episode handle spaces in filenames gracefully.

At the very least, please include the full name of the item in the filename so we can be sure it gets listed properly in the show notes. If you don't know the page number, that is fine. Just leave it off. But having the full name of the item the clip is for makes it much easier for us to organize the files and prepare for recording the episode.

Tips on how to record a clip can be found here.

Dark Horse (Comic Book Resources)

DC (Comic Book Resources)

IDW (Comics Continuum)

Image (Comics Continuum)

Marvel (Comic Book Resources)

--------------------------------------------
Antarctic (Comics Continuum)

Ape (Comics Continuum)

Archaia (Comics Continuum)

Archie (Comics Continuum)

Aspen (Comics Continuum)

Avatar/Boundless (Bleeding Cool)

Big Dog Ink (Comics Continuum)

Bongo (Comics Continuum)

Boom! (Comics Continuum)

Dynamite (Comics Continuum)

Moonstone (Comics Continuum)

Oni (Comics Continuum)

Sea Lion (Comics Continuum)

Valiant (Newsarama)

Zenescope (Comics Continuum)

No links yet:
Action Lab
Arcana
Ardden
Red 5
Last edited by BobBretall on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ratenef
Fan

Post by Ratenef »

Bob,

I'm looking forward to this, but I think you left the wrong date in the topic name (Dec 7th, and not Jan 12th)

Thanks and hope you're having a great holiday season!

Trevor
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Ratenef wrote: I'm looking forward to this, but I think you left the wrong date in the topic name (Dec 7th, and not Jan 12th)
Oops. I fixed it.....call is on Jan 11th. Submissions due on the 12th.
HassanT
Master Reviewer

Post by HassanT »

FYI. I recieved Previews with the latest shippment.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

HassanT wrote:FYI. I recieved Previews with the latest shippment.
Yes, it's supposed to be released this Weds, but DCBS had them & shipped them out with the month-end (& last week of month) shipments.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Some insight into the new Image book "East Of West" from Hickman/Dragotta:
hmmm....The link that I had that used to go to an interview with Hickman & a bunch of art from this issue no longer works.....

While not a fan of Dragotta drawing FF, I love his art for this series. It's contextual for me, I just don't like how he draws Marvel heroes, but I like his art in general just fine.
Perry
Special Reviewer

Post by Perry »

BobBretall wrote:Some insight into the new Image book "East Of West" from Hickman/Dragotta:
hmmm....The link that I had that used to go to an interview with Hickman & a bunch of art from this issue no longer works.....

While not a fan of Dragotta drawing FF, I love his art for this series. It's contextual for me, I just don't like how he draws Marvel heroes, but I like his art in general just fine.
Was REALLY shocked when I saw the art preview in Previews and saw the name of the artist. I am not a fan of his FF work, at all, but this looks like an entirely different artist's work.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

BobBretall wrote:Some insight into the new Image book "East Of West" from Hickman/Dragotta:
I still had the window up in my browser at home so I can share the image I was talking about....

And from Hickman:
East of West is a story about that feeling we're experiencing collectively right now, as a society, that the world is in a bit of a death spiral. The tagline of the book is, "The things that divide us are stronger than the things that unite us." You know, the end times are imminent and we all hate each other too much to come together and solve our problems. Our final destination is imminent, and it is the Apocalypse.
And then, in the face of all that despair and gloom, somehow there is still hope.
That's East of West.
Lord Shaper
Special Reviewer

Post by Lord Shaper »

Ok Here's my current working list to record

Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus Edition
Constantine
Time Warp
Poison Elves