OT: Bond on Blu-Ray (spoilers for Skyfall)

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

BobBretall wrote:The Bond 50: Set is only $99.99 on Amazon today (Saturday) as the Gold Box deal.

That means I can get the entire set for a bit more than I'd have to pay for the 6 movies I'm missing..... D'OH!!!
1 word, son:

eBay! :)

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

atomic99 wrote:Here you go.
Today only.

Bond Box set at $99.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006U1 ... PDKIKX0DER
Got mine. But from what I hear, they're sold out now. But probably still worth checking out if there's a chance.

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

ctowner1 wrote:
BobBretall wrote:The Bond 50: Set is only $99.99 on Amazon today (Saturday) as the Gold Box deal.

That means I can get the entire set for a bit more than I'd have to pay for the 6 movies I'm missing..... D'OH!!!
1 word, son:

e
L nny
I bought Bond 50 for $100 & used eBay to sell my existing DVD set for $40 & my 16 Blu Rays for $55, so came out almost even
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

BobBretall wrote:
ctowner1 wrote:

1 word, son:

e
L nny
I bought Bond 50 for $100 & used eBay to sell my existing DVD set for $40 & my 16 Blu Rays for $55, so came out almost even
awesome! I'm psyched to start watching these - haven't seen many of them in decades. Have to technically wait until Hannukah, when it's "officially" mine! Now I need to convince the wife to let our 8 yr old son watch them with me and my 11 yr old. Might be a tough sell!

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

ctowner1 wrote:
BobBretall wrote:
ctowner1 wrote: 1 word, son:

e
L nny
awesome! I'm psyched to start watching these - haven't seen many of them in decades. Have to technically wait until Hannukah, when it's "officially" mine! Now I need to convince the wife to let our 8 yr old son watch them with me and my 11 yr old. Might be a tough sell!

e
L nny
i hate you both.

;)
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

ctowner1 wrote:

e
L nny
I think any of the "first 5" would be fine to have the kids watch:
Dr. No
FRWL
Goldfinger
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

BobBretall wrote:
ctowner1 wrote:

e
L nny
I think any of the "first 5" would be fine to have the kids watch:
Dr. No
FRWL
Goldfinger
Thunderball
You Only Live Twice
good point! I'll try for that! Would certainly be a good start in his Bond education!

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
ctowner1
Master Reviewer

Post by ctowner1 »

Trev wrote:
ctowner1 wrote:
BobBretall wrote: I bought Bond 50 for $100 & used eBay to sell my existing DVD set for $40 & my 16 Blu Rays for $55, so came out almost even

e
L nny
i hate you both.

;)
awww. Poor, Trev. I will say though that Bob's not the only one who's been doing an eBay dump on Bond BD's. Looks like a lot of people bought the big set and are selling the 16 previously released ones - so if you can bear to be non-complete, you can probably pick up the bulk of the, for about $5 per BD (at least that what it looked like from a quick view).

Otherwise, the set is bound to go on sale again - they always do. Once a low sale price is established, they come back to it.

e
L nny
Z-GIRL & THE 4 TIGERS!
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

ctowner1 wrote: Looks like a lot of people bought the big set and are selling the 16 previously released ones - so if you can bear to be non-complete, you can probably pick up the bulk of the, for about $5 per BD (at least that what it looked like from a quick view).
Dude who bought mine for $3.40 each is probably reselling them for $5 each to turn a quick buck or 2!