IDW Artist Editions

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

atomic99
Special Reviewer

Post by atomic99 »

A second chance for the Rocketeer/Dave Stevens edition for those that missed it as IDW goes back to press with it.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/09/21/ ... mber-2012/

(Near the bottom)
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

IDW Publishing Launches IDW Limited!

SAN DIEGO, CA (September 18, 2012) – IDW Publishing is thrilled to announce the launch of IDW Limited, a new division that will specialize in producing high-end, collectible editions of their wide catalog of books. Catering to the loyal and committed fans that have helped make IDW a success, IDW Limited books will feature unique elements like original sketches and creator signatures on luxuriously designed packaging not available anywhere else. These top-of-the-line rarities will aim to enhance and expand existing books, providing beautiful reading and collecting experiences fans will be proud to display on their shelves.
http://idwlimited.com/

I'm not yet sure if this is where they'll be selling the limited editions of all future AEs, but it would make sense if it was.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

BobBretall wrote:
IDW Publishing Launches IDW Limited!

SAN DIEGO, CA (September 18, 2012) – IDW Publishing is thrilled to announce the launch of IDW Limited, a new division that will specialize in producing high-end, collectible editions of their wide catalog of books. Catering to the loyal and committed fans that have helped make IDW a success, IDW Limited books will feature unique elements like original sketches and creator signatures on luxuriously designed packaging not available anywhere else. These top-of-the-line rarities will aim to enhance and expand existing books, providing beautiful reading and collecting experiences fans will be proud to display on their shelves.
http://idwlimited.com/

I'm not yet sure if this is where they'll be selling the limited editions of all future AEs, but it would make sense if it was.
This seems to be borne of the success they are having with the limited edition AE books. Cool idea.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Trev wrote: This seems to be borne of the success they are having with the limited edition AE books. Cool idea.
Yes. The initial offerings are firmly targeted at hardcore TMNT fans, but I'm sure they'll get to something that I'm excited about eventually.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

BobBretall wrote:
Trev wrote: This seems to be borne of the success they are having with the limited edition AE books. Cool idea.
Yes. The initial offerings are firmly targeted at hardcore TMNT fans, but I'm sure they'll get to something that I'm excited about eventually.
As long as it doesn't turn into what dynamite does, I'll be happy.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Here's the scoop on the Kubert remarqued AE:
Scott Dunbier wrote:We did not receive the remarques until either end of August or early September. The main books were already printed and on a boat by then. The variant edition was printed but had not been bound, since we were waiting for the signature plates. The plates were shipped to our printer in Korea and then they, along with the interiors and cover, were bound up and put on a container boat. The boat will arrive in the next few days and be delivered to our warehouse (I've been told) by end of next week. I would estimate copies will be to most people before Halloween.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Got my Kubert sketched version of the Tarzan AE today!

Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

i got mine today

BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Trev wrote:i got mine today

Curse you, Trevor!!! I like your Tarzan better than mine.

Whenever we both get one of these sketch editions from IDW, you end up with the better sketch.....
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

BobBretall wrote:
Trev wrote:i got mine today

Curse you, Trevor!!! I like your Tarzan better than mine.

Whenever we both get one of these sketch editions from IDW, you end up with the better sketch.....
mwa ha ha ha ha ha!

:)

seriously, though -- the grass is always greener. I was thinking yours had more 'action' in it.

Very happy with mine though.
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Trev wrote: seriously, though -- the grass is always greener. I was thinking yours had more 'action' in it.
The difference is I'd trade with you in a minute. I suspect you would not want to trade, though, because under it all you like the one you got better.
Webhead
Reviewer

Post by Webhead »

Trev your Tarzan sketch looks better, Bob's looks more like Wolverine. :P
BobBretall
Master Reviewer

Post by BobBretall »

Webhead wrote:Trev your Tarzan sketch looks better, Bob's looks more like Wolverine. :P
Yes, I was thinking the same thing.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

BobBretall wrote:
Trev wrote: seriously, though -- the grass is always greener. I was thinking yours had more 'action' in it.
The difference is I'd trade with you in a minute. I suspect you would not want to trade, though, because under it all you like the one you got better.
Fair enough. My reasoning would mostly be that I like number 46 better than 93, but the sketch differences would seal it.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

The Mad and Gil Kane Spider-Man books are up for pre-order.

Scott Dunbier says there are special edition/variants coming for each as well, but not yet avail.

I will wait for those before pulling the trigger on any.