Comic-Con 2017

This is the place to discuss the episodes of the Comic Book Page podcast, the Comic Book Page website or pretty much anything else of interest to the Comic Book Page community...

Moderator: JohnMayo

JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Comic-Con 2017

Post by JohnMayo »

FYI, the floor plan for Comic-Con International 2017 has been posted: https://www.comic-con.org/cci/2017/exhibitors
Comic Book Page: Website || Podcast || RSS || Episodes Archive
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Re: Comic-Con 2017

Post by JohnMayo »

Is anybody else going to be at Comic-Con?
Sitcomics
Passerby

Post by Sitcomics »

I will be there Saturday and would love to say hi as well as say thanks since listening to your podcasts over the past couple years really helped inform my recent decision as to how to officially launch my own comic book company.

Hint: it's not the conventional way since your sales analyses suggests that's a sure fire way to fail and I'd prefer to find a new way to do that :)
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Sitcomics wrote:I will be there Saturday and would love to say hi as well as say thanks since listening to your podcasts over the past couple years really helped inform my recent decision as to how to officially launch my own comic book company.

Hint: it's not the conventional way since your sales analyses suggests that's a sure fire way to fail and I'd prefer to find a new way to do that :)
I'd love to hear about your plans to launch a comic book company. When on Saturday would be a good time and place to meet and talk? I'm planning on going to the Comic-Con How-To: Advanced Computer Graphic Techniques panel at 11:30am - 1:00pm in room 2. Maybe before or after that?
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

I'll be there (of course). Would love to meet up as always.
Sitcomics
Passerby

Post by Sitcomics »

Since I'll be driving down from LA that morning, it's probably safest to say after. I can try to be near room 2 when your panel ends at around 1.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Cool. Keep in mind the hallways up there are one way and I'll be forced into the "out" hallway after the panel.
Trev
Master Reviewer

Post by Trev »

Hope everybody had a great con. My highlights:

1. IDW dinner with Walt and Louise Simonson. Fabulous experience and a great commission included along with other books. Talking with Walt and weezie about marvel in the 80s was the best.

2. Eisners - I always discover something new and interesting at the Eisners.

3. Hopcon 5.0 and Heroes Brewfest. Getting to talk comics and craft beer with my friends at these two great outside the con events.

4. Hanging out with old friends and making new ones.
JohnMayo
Host/Owner

Post by JohnMayo »

Last night I recorded with John S of Word Balloon. The conversation was mix of the sort of stuff we'd have discussed if we'd done a panel at Comic-Con, our thoughts about Comic-Con and a few digressions, including a lengthy one about Star Trek. That episode should go up on September 6th.

The nightly discussions my sister and I had during Comic-Con are edited and queued up for release next week on Wednesday, August 30th and Friday, September 1st.